Healthy Fourth of July recipes
Yum! Chocolate Banana Pie is perfect for a hot day. (Photo: Kimi Harris)
- Old-Fashioned Caramel Corn: This easy recipe is always a hit at parties. It is both "snack-y" and sweet at the same time.
- Chocolate Banana Freezer Cake: This ice-y treat is perfect for hot weather.
- Red, White, and Blue Cupcakes: These coconut-flour cupcakes were created for a Fourth of July celebration with my daughter.
- Strawberry Fool: A rich, delicious treat that is super fast to make. You could make it with any berry you like!
- Homemade Marshmallows: Why not cut these out in star shapes?
- Fruit Gelatin: You won't miss Jello with this delicious fruit-juice version.
- Avocado, Apple and Cilantro Salad: This is a refreshing salad. Since apple isn't in season right now, why not trade it out for another fruit?
- Thai Salad: Spicy and flavorful
- Mexican Quinoa Salad: A household favorite
- Persian Watermelon Rose Salad: A twist using old-fashioned flavors
- Summer Kale Salad: A hearty and simple dish
- Cold Brew Coffee: This do-ahead coffee is perfect for bringing along or serving to guests.
- Iced Chamomile Lavender Tea: Refreshing, floral goodness
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.