Over at Share The Table, Barilla Pasta is making it very easy for pasta lovers to donate to Meals on Wheels Association of America, a worthy organization that delivers meals to senior citizens in need. When you click from Barilla’s website, they will donate $1 to Meals on Wheels. The pasta company has pledged to donate up to $150,000. So far they have had enough clicks to donate just over $24,000, so you’re click can really help.
In addition to the donation to Meals on Wheels, Barilla is also offering “The Celebrity Pasta Lover’s Cookbook,” a free, downloadable book with pasta recipes from celebrities like Mario Batalli, Julianne Moore, Kristen Chenowith, Jimmy Fallon and more. There are pasta recipes from 12 celebrities in all, and each one looks delicious. The book is available for download until Oct. 15.
The focus on the Share the Table portion of Barilla’s site is the family meal. Having family mealtime is so important for both kids and adults. On the website, Mario Batalli, Julianne Moore and Martina McBride give some tips on how to do dinner together. Here are a few of them.
- If you want to increase family table time, start with a regular Sunday dinner — and make it really special. (Batalli)
- Make the dinner table a media-free zone — no TV, games, cell phones or computers. (Batalli)
- Ask your children to help prepare unfamiliar foods so they’ll be more likely to try them at dinner. (Batalli)
- I love to cook with what’s in season. Going to a farmers market is a favorite family outing; my kids choose a seasonal vegetable and we come up with a new way to cook it together. (Moore)
- Who says family dinners always have to be at the table? We love to go for a Sunday afternoon bike ride, followed by an early picnic dinner in the park. (Moore)
- If you’re having trouble juggling everyone’s schedules, designate at least one night a week as family dinner night — so everyone knows to keep Tuesday (or Friday or Sunday) free. (McBride)
- As your kids get older, make sure their friends are welcome at your table so they’re not preoccupied with calling or texting them! (McBride)
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.