How to roast pumpkin seeds
- Separate the pumpkin seeds from the pulp while it's all still wet. Once the pulp and the seeds dry, it's more difficult to separate them.
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds under cold water to remove any remaining pulp stuck to them.
- Toss the seeds in a small amount of olive oil or other healthy oil (like canola).
- Sprinkle with salt or other seasonings (see suggestions below).
- Bake at 325° F for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- 1/4 tsp salt, 1/16 tsp garlic salt, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce for each cup of seeds
- 1 tablespoon of seafood season (like Old Bay) for each cup of seeds
- 1/8 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper for each cup of seeds
- Tabasco sauce and salt — adjust to your taste
- Italian seasonings, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper — adjust to your taste
- Pumpkin pie seasoning — adjust to your taste
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.