Kitchen recycling tip: Leftover spaghetti sauce
- Keep a container in the freezer to add the leftover sauce to each time you have it. When there is enough, use it for a batch of spaghetti or to cook meatballs in.
- Throw some on an English muffin, French bread or leftover hamburger roll with some cheese and make pizza snacks for the kids.
- Throw it in the slow cooker when you’re making a roast. It will add flavor.
- Use it on Chicken Parmesan.
- Cut French bread into pieces - pour sauce over the bread and top with grated Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese - place in the oven until hot and serve with a salad
- Top Bruschetta with it.
- ¼ cup of spaghetti sauce is used in this Veggie Poached Eggs recipe
What do you do with leftover spaghetti sauce?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.