Little Green Pouch: An eco-friendly food pouch for kids
All photos: Kimi Harris
- These reusable pouches are made with BPA-free, PVC-free, and phthalate-free plastic, and are surprisingly durable.
- They can withstand going through the dishwasher.
- They are freezable, which is perfect for those who want to make large batches of baby/toddler food and have them on hand.
- They are suitable for use by a wide range of ages.
- They cut down on unnecessary trash.
- You can make whatever nutritious food you want to go into the pouch! You will no longer be stuck with whatever food or drink is sold in a pouch. This is great for those with allergies as well.
- They can save you money, as the disposable pouches can be quite expensive.
- You have to make the food to put into the pouch. While this is an advantage for quality control, you do have to do a little work.
- You have to spend a little time cleaning out the corners (though this is minimal with a simple cleaning brush).
- The pouch is still made of plastic. Some may choose glass or stainless steel containers instead.
- Any favorite smoothie. Try out one of the following: Strawberry Banana, Carrot Apple, Peanut Butter Banana or Mango Banana.
- Applesauce or pearsauce
- Yogurt (sweetened with a little jam, maple syrup, and/or cinnamon)
- A wide variety of real food purees. Just check out this beautiful list here.
- Eco-friendly durable glass containers for lunches
- How to green your lunches: Top 5 tips
- 10 eco-friendly food trucks
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.