Michelle Obama unveils nutrition label of the future
Screenshot of the first lady unveiling the proposed nutrition label changes.
- The calorie count will be larger and bolded.
- Serving sizes will be adjusted on some packaging to reflect how people really consume the product. For example, a 20 oz. soda that most people consume as one serving will no be labeled as one serving.
- Added sugars will now be labeled as such so consumers can differentiate between products that naturally have sugar in them and those that add the sweetener.
Also on MNN
- FDA: Better food labeling could stem obesity
- Sugar nutrition facts
- Frozen produce may have more nutrition than fresh, study says
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.