My end-of-summer top 10 foodie bucket list
- Check out a farmers market I’ve never been to. I’ve been meaning to get to the Headhouse Square Market or the North 3rd Market in Philadelphia all season.
- Do a barrel tasting. Wine. Beer. Whiskey — doesn’t matter. I just want to go somewhere new and do a barrel tasting.
- Make s’mores with my boys in the backyard. They’ve been gone at camps and mission trips and friends a lot this summer. We’ve had very little time to be together and haven’t had a fire in the fire pit as a family yet.
- Watch the sunrise over the ocean with a cup of really great coffee. (If I lived on the West Coast, I’d want to watch the sunset over the ocean while drinking a bottle of wine.)
- Cook whole crabs and have a crabfest. (With lots of corn-on-the-cob on the side)
- Eat funnel cake on the boardwalk at the Jersey shore.
- Make and preserve enough peach jam to last through the winter.
- Go on a picnic. I haven’t been on a true picnic in years.
- Go to one of the outdoor bars that have been popping up along the Delaware River Waterfront in Philadelphia like Morgan’s Pier or Spruce Street Harbor.
- Have a neighborhood backyard barbeque.
- Summer reads for food lovers: 2014 list
- 10 summer slow cooker recipes
- 5 food-based experiments for summer fun
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.