New cancer fighters? Mustard, wasabi, horseradish
- Carrot & Cauliflower Pickle – This Indian recipe uses mustard powder plus a bunch of other spices to pickle healthy vegetables. Be sure to use a heart-healthy oil like olive or canola when pickling.
- British Beer Mustard – Whole brown mustard seeds and mustard powder go into this make-it-yourself mustard. Sounds delicious for sandwiches or for dipping fat pretzels.
- Horseradish Cole Slaw – This recipe calls for horseradish and mustard. Add all the cabbage that goes into this dish, and you’ve got both AITC and antioxidants in this side dish.
- Horseradish Mashed Potatoes – We make garlic mashed potatoes all the time; why not horseradish mashed potatoes?
- Wasabi Pea Gnocchi – A few of the reviewers suggested adding more wasabi that indicated to this dish of potato gnocchi with an Asian flare.
- Wasabi Popcorn – Prepared wasabi takes the flavor of regular popcorn up several notches.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.