NYC's il Buco to honor Earth Day
- il Buco has primarily used sustainable agriculture since its opening 15 years ago.
- Most of the "back-of-the-house" is illuminated by energy efficient light bulbs.
- All paper, plastic and glass is recycled and food is composted when possible.
- Most paper used in the restaurant; menus, business cards, letterhead, etc. is printed on recycled paper.
- il Buco installed a water filtration system a decade ago and does not offer bottled still water.
- il Buco brings its community together and has an annual fundraiser for environmental initiatives.
- il Buco is investigating options on how to become the first Carbon Neutral Restaurant.
Check out il Buco’s lunch menu. The paninis look delicious. Il Buco is located at 47 Bond Street (between Lafayette & Bowery).
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.