Seasonal recipe: Asparagus guacamole
- 1 lb fresh asparagus that’s been trimmed and cut into one inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato (I didn’t seed)
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 3.4 tsp minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- In ½ inch of water, bring trimmed asparagus to a boil then reduce heat and cook until fork tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Drain asparagus very well and place in food processor or blender with the onion and garlic; blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients then add the asparagus mixture and combine. Chill.
- Serve with raw veggies or tortilla chips.
According to the Taste of Home website, this creamy dip has only 42 calories and 2 grams of fat per 1/3 cup serving.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.