Seasonal recipe: Zucchini de Provence
- 3 zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch slices (depending on the size of the zucchinis you may need more or less – my one large zucchini was enough)
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (use fresh, not the shaker type)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place half of zucchini layered in a 9-pie plate.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with some of the salt and Herbes de Provence.
- Continue layering and seasoning until all of the zucchini is used up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Right before the 30 minutes is up, stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and 3 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread evenly over the baked zucchini and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If you want to give this a try and don’t have herbes de Provence, you can make your own mix from herbs you probably have on your shelf. Martha Stewart has a recipe where lavender is optional.
- Some of the reviewers at Allrecipes.com said other vegetables work well in this recipe. One user made it with asparagus and yellow bell peppers instead of zucchini
- Seasonal recipes: 5 for the zucchini blessed
- Seasonal recipe: Corn and zucchini medley
- Recipe: Risotto-style summer heirloom farro
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.