- Carrots – if whole carrots, peel and cut into sticks or slices; if using baby carrots, cut in half length-wise
- Butter - a couple of teaspoons per serving
- Place carrots in a heavy pot or pan (don’t pile too high; use a bigger pot if necessary)
- Place water half way up the carrots
- Put in a pinch of salt and butter
- Bring to boil
- Turn down to a simmer, cover, and cook carrots until tender
- Take off lid and allow to simmer until water has boiled away and only a butter glaze remains
It’s really that easy. Glazed carrots add flavor, nutrition, and color to your weeknight meal (but you are allowed to cook them on weekends, too).
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.