Sriracha is synonymous with the Huy Fong Foods brand of the spicy chili sauce. Other food companies make a version of the spicy sauce, but most people know it as the hot sauce in the bottle with the rooster on it, and that's the Huy Fong Foods version of the Vietnamese condiment.
Over the past couple of years, Sriracha flavor has shown up in lots of packaged foods, like Popcorn Indiana’s Sriracha Popcorn with Hot Chili Sauce, but the chili sauce used in that popcorn was not from Huy Fong Foods, nor does it say it is. In fact, none of the Sriracha-flavored products that have shown up on grocery store shelves have used Huy Fong Foods Sriracha, until now.
Huy Fong Foods has partnered with Pop! Gourmet Popcorn to create a line of foods that feature the authentic Huy Fong Foods hot sauce. It will be easy to spot these foods that use the its Sriracha because they feature the signature red color and iconic rooster.
According to Yahoo!, Pop! Gourmet Popcorn Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce Popcorn is already on store shelves and retails for $3.99. Next month the company will release Sriracha Potato Chips, and soon we’ll also be seeing hot chili dry spice, tortilla chips, hummus, mayonnaise, croutons and more made with Huy Fong Foods Sriracha.
Of course, you can use the original Huy Fong Foods Sriracha, or any other brand of hot chili sauce, to make some of these foods yourself.
- Sriracha mayonnaise for hot dogs, chicken fingers, burgers, fries and more is easy to make. Combine two ounces of your favorite mayo with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Sriracha, to taste.
- Homemade Sriracha Popcorn can be made using fresh popped or bagged popcorn, Sriracha sauce and a few other ingredients.
- To make Sriracha Hummus, just add a tablespoon or two of Sriracha to a basic Hummus recipe.
Related on MNN:
- Tofu Sriracha
- Why hot sauce is on of America's fastest-growing industries
- Man is the only animal to find pleasure in the pain of peppers