Thanksgiving leftover ideas
- Turkey Pot Pie – This recipe will use up your leftover turkey plus the extra celery and onion in your fridge if you bought too much for your stuffing.
- Turkey Frittata – Leftover turkey with cheddar and potatoes make a leftover dish that’s out of the ordinary.
- Mom’s Turkey Soup – The entire turkey carcass and the giblets are used to make stock for this hearty noodle soup.
- Crispy Mashed Potato Pancakes – Egg, oil, and a couple of seasonings are added to leftover mashed potatoes to make an all new side dish.
- Mashed Potato Soup – This is how Rachel Ray uses up leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving.
- Irish Potato Bread – If you have a bread machine, you can throw this together after cleaning up on Thanksgiving night, and wake up to warm, delicious fresh bread for breakfast the next day.
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding – If your rolls and bread have gone a little stale the day after Thanksgiving, turn them into this sweet dessert.
- Croutons – Here are easy directions for plain or herbed croutons from leftover bread.
- Overnight French Toast – Throw everything together the night before, let sit overnight, and simply pop this breakfast casserole in the oven. Perfect to feed holiday weekend guests.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.