The only Super Bowl recipes you'll need
- Best Buffalo Wings – One of the event’s most popular foods can be brought in, cold and soggy, from a local pizzeria. Or, you can make amazing Buffalo Chicken Wings at home, including the blue cheese dressing.
- Jalapeno Poppers – For those how like some heat without the meat, these three-cheese, cumin and shallot filled poppers do the trick.
- Spicy Toasted Nuts – What is it about the Super Bowl and spicy, hot treats? Maybe it’s because spicy foods go well beer. This quick and easy mixture of nuts and spices takes five minutes to throw together and 20 minutes in the oven with a few stirs.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus – A decade or so ago, might have seemed like an odd choice for many Super Bowl parties. This Mediterranean spread has become mainstream, and everyone loves it as a dip for veggies, crackers and chips. It’s so versatile, too. (If Roasted Red Pepper doesn’t strike your fancy, try Black Garlic Caramelized Onion Hummus or Roasted Red Beet Hummus or Pumpkin Rosemary Hummus.)
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili – This is what I’ll be taking on Super Bowl Sunday. A simple basic beef and bean chili where you control the heat. Serve with grated cheese and some sour cream.
- Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili – A no-meat version of chili with pumpkin (or other squash), turnips, corn and beans.
- Guacamole – This basic guacamole will go quickly, so you might want to double it for a big crowd.
- Pizza Dough – If you make your own, this dough is chewy and flavorful. Spread with my family’s favorite homemade pizza sauce and add the toppings of your choice.
- Ranch dressing and dip – Don’t buy bottled. This recipe can be thinned out for dressing or thickened for a dip and has none of the sugary, chemically taste that store-bought dips can have.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.