Today's sauce has tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, onions and more to give the chicken a Mediterranean finish.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time:30 minutes
- *chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sliced onion
- 1 16 oz can diced tomatoes with italian seasoning
- fresh basil
- green olives
- salt and garlic pepper
- green onion
- parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil and onions into a pan over medium-high heat
- Let cook until the onions are slightly brown and tender (5-8 minutes)
- Add garlic to the onions and stir for 30 seconds
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and let cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add the olives, capers, salt and garlic pepper to the pan
- Put the stove down to medium heat and let the sauce cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced to about half
- Turn off the heat
- Add fresh basil and stir into the sauce
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breast
- Top with green onion, parmesan cheese and parsley and enjoy!
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.