Top 10 ways to use up tortilla chip crumbs
- Feed the birds. You can scatter them in the backyard or at the park and give the birds a little Southwestern treat.
- Top a casserole with them.
Put at the bottom of a bowl of chili.
Chop them in the food processor or blender until fine and use in place of breadcrumbs as a breading for chicken fingers or as a filler in meatballs or meatloaf. You can keep processed chips in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until you need them.
- Make tortilla chip chicken with avocado dip.
- Use on top of a taco salad.
- Put them in a tuna fish sandwich.
- Substitute for the fried corn tortillas in Mexican Migas – an egg dish.
- Make a taco pizza.
- Try this zucchini recipe that I got from the mycoupons message boards that was submitted by Nightflyer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle the zucchini with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill until crisp-tender.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the tomatoes, cilantro, peppers, and salt and pepper. Mix well and heat throughly.
- Put half the zucchini into a greased casserole dish. Spoon half of the tomato mixture on top. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly over the top and drizzle with butter.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crumbs are lightly browned.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.