Weekend reads: Pie, pie and more pie
- In Brooklyn, NY, the Growing Chefs organization that “connects people to food, from the soil to the kitchen” will be holding their 4th annual pie contest this Sunday. It looks like a great organization to support so if you’re in the Brooklyn area, go get yourself some pie.
- The Los Angeles Times declares that pies are hot and says they are replacing wedding cakes at some weddings.
- A Huffington Post writer claims she has the best organic apple pie recipe in the world and that it’s easy enough for beginners. The piece was written a couple of years ago, but recipes don’t expire, right?
- Chiff.com offers a Baker’s Dozen Ways to Celebrate National Pie Day this year.
- If you’re in the South Jersey region, stop by The Sweet Life Bakery in Vineland where they are making Chocolate Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Banana Cream, Coconut Custard, Local Strawberry Crumb, Apple Crumb, Key Lime, Lemon Meringue, Pecan, Cranberry Almond pies in honor of the National Pie Day and donating 25 percent of their profits today and tomorrow to the Community Garden at the Boys and Girls Club in town.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.