What's your favorite item at the farmers market?
Photo: Robin Shreeves
- A breakfast quesadilla made with whatever seasonal vegetables Chef Mark Smith from The Tortilla Press gets from the farm vendors early in the morning before the market opens.
- Eggs from truly free-range chickens that are big with beautiful orange/gold yolks that taste so much better than grocery store eggs.
- Pepper, tomato and eggplant starter plants that cost $1 or less each from local farmers who always bring their leftover plants to the first day of the market.
- Organic fertilizer for my vegetable garden.
- Replenishing my local honey stock.
- Fresh cut local flowers.
- Whatever seasonal produce looks good to my eyes when I see it.
What are some of the things that you always get on the first day of the seasonal market?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.