Anyone up for some canning equipment, compliments of Ball® and Mother Nature Network? I’m partnering with Ball® in advance of International Can-It-Forward Day to give one fan on MNN a box full of canning and preserving tools.
I'm really excited to be able to help one winner get these supplies. I love the variety of products in this giveaway. They’re useful whether you’re canning a batch of jam with seasonal fruit or you just bought a huge amount of cilantro from the farmers market to make one batch of salsa, and you want to preserve the rest of the cilantro for a later date.
How do you enter to win? You need to be Mother Nature Network’s Facebook fan for a chance to get the goodies.
On Aug. 15, we will pick one Facebook fan (via randomized selection) to win this box of Ball® canning and preserving tools, so if you want to participate, please Like Us Now. If you are an existing Facebook fan of MNN, no need to do anything — you're already entered!
Here’s what Ball® will ship you if you're the winner.
- The New Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars. These limited edition jars commemorate the 100-year anniversary of the Ball brothers’ “Perfection” Jar and come in a beautiful green tint. These are being produced only in 2014 and are available in both pint and quart varieties. We would offer a case of each size for review and also for giveaway. (Pint retail value: $9.99 per case/ Quart retail value $12.99 per case)
- Fresh Herb Keeper. Many new to gardening start with herbs as an easy first step. To savor the seasonings, Ball has developed a new product to keep herbs fresh for up to two weeks. (Retail value: $12.99)
- Dry Herb Jars. A perfectly-sized solution for storing your dried herbs. Great for storing seasonings, spices and rubs too! Stackable, low-profile design makes pantry or drawer storage more efficient than old, mismatched containers. (Retail value: $4.99)
- Frozen Herb Starters. Preserve your fresh seasonings in ready-to-use cubes filled with butter, oil or other liquid for easy and flavorful meal starters. (Retail value: $11.99)
- 5 Blade Herb Scissors. Stainless steel blades to gently cut and evenly slice herbs like basil, parsley and cilantro. (Retail value: $9.99)
- Ball Blue Book. Offering 125 pages that will guide you while you learn about preserving, this book provides information on equipment, instructions for the preserving method and recipes! The book isn't pictured above, but it will be included in the giveaway. (Retail value: $6.49)
Related on MNN:
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.