Of course, you don't need to wait for zucchini from your own garden to make this soup. Even though spring is just a few days away, there will still be a few chilly days, and this soup will help keep the chill away.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time:40 minutes
- 4 cups zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- Add 1 tbsp of melted butter and 1 tbsp olive oil to a large soup pot
- Add onion and garlic to the pot
- Cook until the garlic and onions are tender (about 5-8 minutes)
- Add the zucchini along with some salt and pepper
- Add 4 cups of chicken (or vegetable) stock to the vegetables
- Bring to a boil, cover and let cook for 15 minutes
- Make sure the vegetables are "fork tender" (see video)
- Ladle the soup into a blender along with cream, salt and pepper
- Blend until smooth, add 1 tbsp of butter and continue to blend for a few more seconds
- Pour into a bowl and top with parmesan cheese and fresh basil, enjoy!
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.