Cooking with Chef A: Cajun breaded chicken
Watch as Chef A prepares a great family-friendly recipe, for super-easy and tasty chicken. (Ashley Chase/MNN & Nick Scott/MNN)
Ingredients for Cajun Breaded Chicken:
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1-1½ tsp Cajun seasoning
2 cups seasoned croutons (Chef A uses Texas toast croutons)
1 tbsp butter
*For this recipe, you will need Chef A's basic chicken breast prep. Flatten a chicken breast (holding a paper towel between the chicken and your palm), and slice evenly through the breast so it's a thin piece.
1. Prepare flour mixture by combining flour and Cajun seasoning.
2. Dredge chicken pieces through flour mixture so it's evenly covered on both sides.
3. Use egg wash (1 cracked egg and 1/4 cup of water, well-beaten).
4. Add 2 cups seasoned croutons to a plastic bag or bowl and finely crush them into crumbs.
5. Dip floury chicken breast into egg wash, then toss it in the bread crumbs until breast is coated.
6. Add tbsp of EVOO and tbsp of butter to saucepan on medium heat, and then add chicken breasts.
7. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side, and it should be ready to enjoy!
(Quantities listed yield about 2 servings. Recipe can easily serve more by increasing quantities of each ingredient to accommodate more people.)
You might also like: