Cooking with Chef A: Carrot & parsnip soup in under 30 mins
Join Chef A as she shows you how to make a carrot and parsnip soup in less than 30 minutes. (Ashley Chase & Nick Scott)
Ingredients for Curry, Carrot and Parsnip Soup
2 cups of carrots, peeled and diced
Approx. 2 cups of parsnips, peeled and diced
½ cup of diced onion
1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of ginger, peeled and minced
Approx. 2-3 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup of cream
For garnish, as desired:
1. In a large stock pot, combine a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, carrots, parsnips, onion, garlic, and ginger.
2. Cook your vegetables over medium to medium high heat for about 5-8 minutes until the vegetables are fork tender.
3. Add chicken or vegetable stock to the pot and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
4. After the soup has boiled for 10 minutes, add approximately a teaspoon of curry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle the vegetable and stock mixture into a blender and add cream. Blend until smooth.
6. Pour soup into a bowl and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and some fresh cilantro.
You Might Also Like