Cooking with Chef A: Mushroom chicken
Ingredients for Mushroom Chicken:
Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic pepper
1 clove chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup sliced onions
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
*For this recipe, you will need Chef A's basic chicken breast prep. Flatten a chicken breast (holding a paper towel between the chicken and your palm for a firm grip), and slice slowly and evenly through the breast so it's a thin piece.
1. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic pepper. Gently rub on both sides of the piece of chicken.
2. Place chicken in a pan that has warmed to medium heat with two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for three minutes on each side.
3. In your saute pan, add one tablespoon olive oil and one tablespoon butter. Once pan has reached medium heat, add onions.
4. Saute onions for about five minutes until they are slightly brown and tender, add mushrooms.
5. Cook vegetable mixture for another five minutes.
6. Add garlic, saute for 30 seconds.
7. Add sage, salt, and garlic pepper, saute for a few more seconds.
8. Add cream to vegetable mixture and give it a good stir, maintaining high heat. Let sauce reduce about half way, and it should be done. Spoon the sauce over chicken and enjoy!
(Quantities listed yield about 2 servings. Recipe can easily serve more by increasing quantities of each ingredient to accommodate more people.)