Cooking with Chef A: Tomato and olive chicken
Join Chef A as she demonstrates how to make an easy, delicious tomato and olive chicken. (Ashley Chase & Nick Scott/MNN)
Ingredients for Tomato and Olive Chicken:
16-oz. can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
1/4 minced fresh basil
1-2 tbsp capers
1-2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup green olives
Salt and pepper
1 cup sliced onion
To taste, if desired:
*For this recipe, you will need Chef A's basic chicken breast prep. Flatten a chicken breast (holding a paper towel between the chicken and your palm), and slice evenly through the breast so it's a thin piece. Gently rub salt, pepper, and garlic pepper on both sides of the piece of chicken. Place chicken in a pan that has warmed to medium heat with two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for three minutes on each side.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of EVOO on medium heat, add sliced onion, cook for 3-5 minutes until tender and lightly brown on edges.
2. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds until flavors are married.
3. Incorporate can of tomatoes (including juice) in the vegetable mix. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add olives and capers, salt and garlic pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook vegetables for 5 minutes until sauce has reduced half way.
5. Turn off heat completely and add fresh basil, stir to incorporate.
6. Add sauce to prepared chicken, garnish with parmesan, green onion and parsley and enjoy!
You Might Also Like