Toss ingredients into a large well-heated skillet to make a beautiful mess of savory goodness.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 3
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound ready-made hash browns
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 6 ounces soy chorizo
- 3 eggs
- 3 flour tortillas
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Dash salt and black pepper to taste
- Dash hot sauce (optional)
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. Spread hash browns evenly on the bottom of the skillet, not too thin, not too thick. Cook about 3 minutes, until edges begin to brown. Flip and cook until bottom turns golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Bank to side of skillet.
- Add remaining oil. Add onions to bottom of skillet. Cook until onions begin to brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Add cumin. Stir and bank to side of skillet.
- Remove chorizo from casing. Add to bottom of skillet and heat through, 3 to 4 minutes. Combine with hash browns and onions. Reduce heat. Make divots in the mix. Add eggs and cover about 6 minutes, or until eggs set.
- While eggs are cooking, lightly toast 3 tortillas over open flame. Place tortillas on cutting board and layer with cheese.
- Stack each tortilla with an even amount of egg, chorizo and hash mix. To make a burrito, fold in sides and roll from bottom edge until sealed on both sides. Serve hot.