Crepes with Spiced Apples
Crepes require fewer ingredients than homemade pancakes and are just as delicious without the sleep-inducing heft.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: Makes about 12 crepes
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 2 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 apples, Gala or Fuji, peeled, cored and sliced
- 8 ounces water, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 10 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 ounce maple syrup (optional)
- In mixing bowl combine mascarpone and yogurt. Stir until blended, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In medium-sized saucepan combine apples, water, cinnamon, brown sugar, ginger and nutmeg.
- Bring to low boil over medium heat, about 6 minutes. Cook until tender. Remove from heat and cover. To thicken, add 1 ounce maple syrup and simmer.
- To make crepes, combine flour and eggs in large mixing bowl. Slowly add milk and water and stir until smooth batter forms, about 2 minutes. Add salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Add dab of oil to skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. When hot, pour batter onto skillet, using approximately 4 tablespoons at a time for each crepe. Tilt skillet in a circular motion, so batter is distributed evenly. Cook crepe about 1 minute, until bottom is light brown. Loosen with spatula, flip and cook other side, about 1 minute. Continue until batter is done.
- To plate, fold crepes into tri-corners add creme. Top with cooked apples.