Chile-Lime Sweet Potatoes
The marriage of Southern comfort food laced with smoky Latin condiments is the perfect complement to grilled vegetable sandwiches and cold beers.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total cooking time: 45 minutes
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes
- Juice and zest from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, pulverized
- .5 teaspoon of coarse salt
- Light grill.
- Bring a 5- to 6-quart container to boil. Peel sweet potatoes. Cut lengthwise in half, and divide into eights. Boil until tender. Remove from heat after about 5 minutes. And let cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir until aroma of lime and oil pervade the air. Create a smooth dark-brown glaze in the process, about 2 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes into bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes to medium-high grill. Flip and rotate until the potatoes start to crisp and the glaze blackens. Remove from heat. Serve hot.