Grilled Corn on the Cob
When it comes to grilling, it’s hard to go wrong with a vegetable equipped with built-in handles.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total cooking time: 40 minutes
- Six ears of corn
- Fresh herbs finely chopped: cilantro, garlic, basil, oregano, chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 oz. of shredded cheese, optional
- Light grill.
- Bring a 5- to 6-quart pot of water to a boil. While the water is heating, peel back the husks and remove silk.
- Place corn in boiling water until tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add any combination of herbs and garlic. Stir and remove from heat.
- Remove corn from boiling water. Let cool. Liberally coat corn with herbed butter. Reseal corn with attached husks.
- Place corn on grill on medium-high heat. Cook until the husks are blackened and the kernels begin to brown, 10-20 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.