Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
3 ounces butter
1 clove crushed garlic
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1 quart vegetable stock
2 cups fresh corn
1 medium-sized can creamed corn
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 tablespoons chopped chives, garnish optional
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in large, thick-bottomed pot.
- Add onions, cook over medium-high heat until golden.
- Add cumin, crushed garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Add potatoes and reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes uncovered.
- Add creamed corn, fresh corn and parsley. Reduce heat.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir until blended. Season to taste. Garnish.