Butternut Squash Soup
1 diced sweet potato (about 2 cups)
1 diced butternut squash (about 3 cups)
1 cup diced potato
1/2 cup minced onion
3-4 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Melt a tablespoon of butter, and add it and a tablespoon of olive oil to a large pot.
2. Add vegetables and 3-4 cups of stock to the pot.
3. Bring the contents to a boil. Once it's boiling, bring it to a simmer and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.
4. Season the soup with salt & pepper.
5. Ladle a few cups at a time (in batches) into a blender and puree the mixture until smooth. Add a tablespoon of butter and puree a few more seconds.
6. Pour soup into a bowl, garnish with a dollop of sour cream if desired, and enjoy!