1 garlic clove, chopped
¼ cup capers
⅓ cup lemon juice
½ cup chicken stock
1 tsp raw sugar
4 lemon slices (as rounds)
1 tbsp butter
Fresh basil, chopped
*For this recipe, you will need Chef A's basic chicken breast prep. Flatten a chicken breast (holding a paper towel between the chicken and your palm), and slice evenly through the breast so it's a thin piece.
1. Season chicken breast with salt, freshly ground pepper and/or garlic pepper on both sides.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a hot skillet.
3. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side and transfer to a plate.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in the hot pan.
5. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds to season the oil.
6. Add capers and lemon juice. When juices evaporate, add chicken stock. Let reduce to half (about 3 to 5 minutes).
7. Add a pinch of salt and pinch of garlic pepper, sugar and lemon slices.
8. Turn heat down to low and incorporate the lemon slices into the sauce.
9. Once sauce is thickened, add butter and basil. Spoon the sauce over your chicken and enjoy!