1 clove or 1 tsp chopped garlic
Salt & pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp garlic pepper
1/4 cup minced onion
1-2 tbsp minced ginger
1-2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 cup apricot preserves
1 tbsp butter
*For this recipe, you will need Chef A's basic chicken breast prep. Flatten a chicken breast (holding a paper towel between the chicken and your palm), and slice evenly through the breast so it's a thin piece. Gently rub salt, pepper, and garlic pepper on both sides of the piece of chicken. Place chicken in a pan that has warmed to medium heat with two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for three minutes on each side.
1. Toss onions into hot sauté pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Saute for 3-4 minutes until onion is tender.
2. Add ginger to the pan and mix with onion, let cook for one minute.
3. Add garlic, sauté for 30 seconds.
4. Season with garlic pepper, salt & cracked pepper.
5. Add apricot preserves and incorporate with veggies.
6. Add rice wine vinegar and reduce heat. Let sauce reduce down for a minute or two.
7. To finish sauce, add butter.
8. Drizzle sauce over your basic chicken, garnish with parsley and scallions if desired, and enjoy!