Chef A makes quinoa again, this time for dinner! (Ashley Chase/MNN & Nick Scott/MNN)
Ingredients for Quinoa with Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
2 tbsp. virgin olive oil
1/2 cup diced onions
1 tsp. chopped garlic
8-oz. package pre-sliced baby portobello mushrooms
2 tbsp. parsley
For this recipe you will need the basic quinoa mix, also used in the lunch dish. Boil 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of bouillon, stir in 1/2 cup of quinoa and reduce heat, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
1. Add 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil to a sauté pan on medium heat.
2. Once the oil and pan have heated up, add onions and sauté them for 4-5 minutes.
3. Stir chopped garlic in to the onions and sauté them for 15-30 seconds, without letting the garlic brown or burn.
4. Add baby portabella mushrooms and sauté the entire mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Salt and pepper the vegetable mix (still in the pan) to taste.
6. Lightly stir the basic quinoa in to the mixture.
7. Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley (if desired) and enjoy this great side dish!