3-4 red bell peppers, roasted
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
Appx. 3-4 cups chicken stock
Appx. 1/2 cup of cream
1 tablespoon butter
For garnish, if desired:
Fresh basil, chopped
1. To roast red peppers, place whole pepper directly on highest heat stovetop or grill. Continue turning the red pepper until it's charred on all sides.
2. When charred, place the peppers in a bowl and cover with a lid for 10 minutes to allow the steam to separate the skin from the flesh of the pepper. After 10 minutes, remove the skin from the red pepper using your hands, then pull the pepper apart and discard the seeds.
3. Put the olive oil and onion in a large saucepan and sauté the onion about 5-8 minutes until tender.
4. Add the garlic to the pan and stir in for about 30 seconds.
5. Add the roasted red peppers (unchopped) and chicken stock to the pan.
6. Cover and bring to a boil for about 15 minutes.
7. Ladle mixture into a blender along with the cream and butter, and puree until smooth. Pour soup into bowl and garnish with fresh basil if desired.