Ingredients for Zucchini Soup
4 cups of zucchini squash
1/2 cup diced onion
1-2 cloves of garlic
4 cups vegetable stock
1 tbsp. butter
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup cream
For garnish, if desired:
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Add butter and olive oil to a soup pot, along with onion and garlic. Sweat the veggies down and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add zucchini and vegetable stock to the pot, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bring ingredients to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes. Test to ensure veggies are fork tender.
4. Ladle vegetable mixture into a blender along with cream, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add butter and blend again.
5. Pour soup into bowl and garnish with fresh parmesan cheese and basil.