10 must-make recipes for summer's end
- Bacon and Summer Vegetable Medley — Zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, and fresh corn cut off the cob added to farmers market bacon make a great recipe for a summer side dish.
- Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Salad — Part panzanella salad, part vegetable kabob, this recipe needs to be made before summer ends.
- Classic Corn Chowder — Picking the right corn is essential to making the best corn chowder. Follow this recipe, and your family and friends will thank you.
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus — Freshly roasted peppers or jarred roasted peppers work in this make-it-yourself hummus that will convince you that making your own is worth it. (Robin’s note: Since I first posted this recipe, I’ve started using smoked paprika instead of regular paprika. It works really well.)
- Watermelon Slushee — Make your own version of a Slurpee at home with fresh fruit and seltzer.
- Sourdough Panzanella with Summer Vegetables — Just add it straight to your recipe book. It's that good.
- Fresh Salsa — A salsa base with garden fresh vegetables is a jumping-off point for making salsa just the way you like it.
- Grilled Eggplant and Red Bell Pepper Sandwich — You won't miss the meat when you sink your teeth into this vegetarian grilled vegetable sandwich.
- Stuffed Red Peppers — Peppers stuffed with goat cheese and onions, then grilled. Yum.
- Roasted Eggplant Soup — A rich, creamy, and chock full of end-of -summer vegetables soup to take you into fall.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.