I kept seeing chia seed pudding recipes on Pinterest and just about everywhere else. The raves the recipe received seemed to outweigh the pudding's unappealing looks, so I decided to give it a try. Maybe it was the recipe I tried, maybe I just don’t like chia seed pudding, but I ended up throwing the pudding down the garbage disposal. I didn’t like it and neither did anyone else in my house.
So now I’m left with half a bag of chia seeds to use up. As I usually do when I have a little of something leftover, I searched online to see how others use it. Here are the chia seed recipes that caught my attention.
- Baked Oatmeal – The chia seeds are added to a banana and blueberry baked oatmeal casserole. One of the commenters said that she uses apples in something like this. Considering it’s fall, I think banana and apples would be the way to go with this vegan, gluten-free breakfast.
- Lemon Chia Seed Muffins – Instead of poppy seeds, these muffins use chia seeds. Seems like a reasonable exchange, right?
- Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter with Hemp, Flax, and Chia Seed – The seeds are roasted with the almonds and then they’re all processed together to make a nut butter with extra nutrition.
- Peanut Butter Banana Chia Seed Roll Up – A quick breakfast or healthy after-school snack on whole wheat tortilla.
- Chia Seed Flatbread – The seeds add extra nutrition to versatile flatbread.
- Lentils with Chia Seeds – Watch the amount of salt in this recipe; it’s obviously wrong. But if you salt it to taste, you’ve got a nice side dish.
- Endurance Crackers – Chia, sunflower, pepita (or pumpkin) and sesame seeds are all in these power-packed homemade crackers.
- Chia Meatballs – They work as a binder in meatballs.
- Cornmeal and Chia Waffles – No white flour in these vegan waffles.
- Sauteed Zucchini with Toasted Chia Seeds – A quick garlicky side dish.
How do you use chia seeds?
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.