- Baked Oatmeal – The chia seeds are added to a banana and blueberry baked oatmeal casserole. One of the commenters said that she uses apples in something like this. Considering it’s fall, I think banana and apples would be the way to go with this vegan, gluten-free breakfast.
- Lemon Chia Seed Muffins – Instead of poppy seeds, these muffins use chia seeds. Seems like a reasonable exchange, right?
- Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter with Hemp, Flax, and Chia Seed – The seeds are roasted with the almonds and then they’re all processed together to make a nut butter with extra nutrition.
- Peanut Butter Banana Chia Seed Roll Up – A quick breakfast or healthy after-school snack on whole wheat tortilla.
- Chia Seed Flatbread – The seeds add extra nutrition to versatile flatbread.
- Lentils with Chia Seeds – Watch the amount of salt in this recipe; it’s obviously wrong. But if you salt it to taste, you’ve got a nice side dish.
- Endurance Crackers – Chia, sunflower, pepita (or pumpkin) and sesame seeds are all in these power-packed homemade crackers.
- Chia Meatballs – They work as a binder in meatballs.
- Cornmeal and Chia Waffles – No white flour in these vegan waffles.
- Sauteed Zucchini with Toasted Chia Seeds – A quick garlicky side dish.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.