It’s a snowy and cold day here in Portland! I have been making warming broths and soups to fill us up and keep us warm at the same time. I thought I’d share a round-up of some hearty and warm recipes here at Mnn.com.
1. First, learn how to make homemade broth for practically free here. It makes a great base for soups!
2. Tuscan Bread Soup is very filling and comforting on a cold day.
3. Enjoy a Vegetarian Pumpkin Chili here.
4. Get your protein with this delicious Milk Braised Pork Loin recipe.
5. This flavorful Curried Chickpea dish is a great way to enjoy legumes.
6.Or, try out this Smokey Lentil dish
7-11. Get five hearty soup recipes here, including Curried Carrot, a Black Bean soup, and an Easy Roasted Garlic Soup
12. This Curry and Maple Syrup Yam soup will stick to your ribs (in a very good way).
13. Or try this Asian Mushroom Soup (pictured above).
14. This Vegetarian French Onion soup creatively uses coffee!
15. And finally, learn how to make your own soup out of leftovers (perfect for a snowy day when you don’t want to go grocery shopping).
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.