Consider this: the more chocolate a country eats, the more Noble Prize winners it will produce. Ponder that chocolate eaters tend to be thinner. Contemplate that chocolate consumers have fewer strokes and lower blood pressure, and that studies suggest it can protect your skin from UV ray damage. Still believe that chocolate is evil and bad for you?
Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is a favorite for many of the bloggers here at MNN. With all of the chocolate recipes on the site, I thought I'd gather a few of them together for you to browse and enjoy.
- 5 Spicy Chocolate Treats: Enrique shares recipes that pair chocolate with spice. Everything from Aztec Chocolate Bark to Venezuelan Chocolate Chicken.
- Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Bailey's Frosting: Robin shares a treat perfect for St. Patrick's Day — or any day!
- Chocolate Truffle Recipe: To really get your fair share of chocolate, make these rich truffles.
- Organic Biscotti with Chocolate Chips: Why not whip a batch of these up to give as gifts to friends along with some fair trade coffee beans, as they are perfect for dipping into coffee!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies: Chocolate is delicious with pumpkin, and this recipe looks like a yummy way to combine the two. I'd use unrefined sugars and flours in it to up the nutritional factor even more.
- Deep Dark Chocolate Tart (pictured above): This refined-sugar free tart from me is sweetened entirely with maple syrup and is suitable for most paleo food followers and vegans. It happens to be a favorite around here.
- All-Natural Thin Mint Cookies (gluten-free): My husband is still waiting for me to make another batch of these favorite cookies. Mint and chocolate make a perfect marriage of flavors.
- Raw Chocolate Cake: Watch this video which MNN blogger, Siel, learns how to make a raw chocolate cake!
- 5 healthy hot chocolate recipes: Melissa shares five scrumptious, naturally sweetened hot cocoa recipes to sooth one's soul and tummy on a cold day.
- Chocolate Almond Bark: This simple recipe would make a delicious gift too!
- Chocolate Dipped Apricots: Dried fruit is always delicious when dipped in dark chocolate (another great recipe from Enrique).
- Homemade, No-Cook Fudge: This easy recipe is also a family favorite! This mom loves it because I don't even have to turn on the oven.
And, if you want even more recipes, check out the following: