It’s a very cold time, but also a very busy time as we all jump back into our daily routines after the holidays. Many of us want to feed our families well in the new year, but are also trying to balance a lot of different activities and schedules and other goals.
This is where a good slow cooker and a good recipe can be a lifesaver (or, well, at least a dinner-saver). I thought it would be fun to gather up some of the great slow cooker recipes on MNN.
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches: Did you know that the meat for French dip could easily be made in the slow cooker? It's a lovely, family-friendly idea.
- Robin gathered these 10 recipes for Thanksgiving ideas, and many of them are perfect for everyday dinners as well. She has listed everything from slow cooker lasagna to turkey breast and gravy, to scrumptious sides and desserts.
- Slow Cooker Tuscan Beef Stew: There are few things more satisfying than beef stew on a cold winter day. Making it in your slow cooker saves you some time, too.
- Slow Cooker White Beans: For a simple vegetarian meal, this is a great idea.
- Slow Cooker Caramelized Onions: I love making caramelized onions the traditional way on the stovetop, but this slow cooker method would be wonderfully easy!
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin in Apple Cider and Mustard and Thyme: A delicious and hearty main dish.
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef for Tacos: I make something similar to this for tacos, and it’s amazing.
- 5 Slow Cooker Breakfasts: But don’t just save your slow cooker for dinners. Here are five examples of how your slow cooker can be used to serve hearty breakfasts with little fuss.
Related on MNN:
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.