5 back-to-school breakfasts in bulk
- Homemade French Toast Sticks – Made with ingredients that you trust and baked in the oven instead of fried like some of the prepackaged versions, these French toast sticks can be made in bulk, frozen on a cookie sheet, and pulled out a few at a time to quickly be heated in the toaster oven.
- Baked Banana Oatmeal Brulee – Everything you love in a steaming bowl of oatmeal goes into this baked dish that can be cut into squares to eat throughout the week or frozen and pulled out one at a time.
- Mini Egg & Sausage Quiche – Ready to bake pie crusts (try Immaculate Baking Company’s version) are divided into muffin tins and filled with quiche ingredients. The filling inside the quiche can be whatever you want – switch out the sausage for sauteed veggies for a meatless version if that’s what you’d prefer.
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos – Full of eggs and vegetables, these vegetarian burritos can be made on whole-wheat tortillas. The high school is about eight blocks from my house, giving my son enough time to down one of these handheld burritos as he walks to school if he’s really short on time.
- Green Smoothie Cups – Make ahead smoothies? Yep. All-vegan ingredients get blended together then divided up into muffin tins and frozen. Once solid, they’re popped out of the tin, to keep in the freezer until needed. Pull out two smoothie cups at a time to make a quick, nutritious smoothie in the morning.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.