There’s a difference between a regular sugar cookie recipe and a sugar cookie recipe that’s meant for cookie cutters. If you don’t use the right recipe with your cookie cutters, you won't get the desired results. And, if you’re making cookies with little kids, that could end up being a very disappointing experience.
I have a feeling there will be a lot of cookie baking going on in the next couple of days for holiday cookie trays and for kids to leave for Santa to have a little snack. Choose one of these recipes, and you’ll be on the right track to successful cookie-cutter sugar cookies.
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies – This recipe from The Hungry Housewife comes with helpful tips for working with the dough and icing the cookies.
- The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies – This recipe has received a review of four and a half out of five stars on Allrecipes.com from more than 4,700 home cooks who have tried it. Not too shabby.
- Alton Brown’s Sugar Cookies – Alton always knows the science behind what makes a good cookie, so there’s a good chance he knows what he’s doing when it comes to making sugar cookies with cookie cutters.
- Healthier Sugar Cookies – Some whole wheat flour and egg whites put a healthier spin on this recipe from Chocolate & Carrots.
- Rolled Chocolate Sugar Cookies – Equal Exchange shares this recipe for cookie-cutter sugar cookies that use their fair trade, organic baking cocoa.