5 dairy recipes for Shavuot with local and seasonal ingredients
- Parmesan Spinach Fritters in Fresh Tomato Sauce – Spinach is very easy to come by this time of year, and in many regions local tomatoes are available, too. These fritters can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for two days before frying.
- Upside-Down Honey Cheesecakes – Cheesecake is a favorite Shavuot dish. Use some local honey and fresh seasonal berries on top of these individual desserts to give them a seasonal, local flair.
- Focaccia with Peppers – Load up on fresh peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes, thyme and basil at the farmers market for these cheesy vegetable pizzas.
- Roasted Vegetables with Feta Cheese – A small army of fresh, seasonal vegetables are roasted with olive oil and oregano and served with feta cheese on top. Simple, healthy and delicious.
- Roasted Vegetable Tart – Garlicky cheese and roasted vegetables fill this free-form tart that I’m dying to make, and I don’t celebrate Shavuot.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.