- Cucumber cups with caramelized onion and bacon – Cucumbers become the edible bowl that holds a filling made with caramelized onions, bacon, sour cream and spices. It’s like putting the dip right inside the veggie. And the green color of the cucumbers makes them look very festive for the holidays.
- Caramelized onion tart with apples – If the caramelized onions are already done, then this recipe can be thrown together quickly. Puff pastry creates the crust for this tart that can be sliced up into appetizer-sized pieces.
- Caramelized Onion-Cranberry-Cream Cheese Bites – Seasonal cranberries are added to the onions with balsamic vinegar to make a compote. Whole grain crackers are topped with cream cheese and then the compote to make pop-in-your mouth treats.
- Baked Brie with Candied Walnuts and Caramelized Onions – Brie wrapped in phyllo dough often has a surprise inside – jam, candied walnuts, and of course, caramelized onions.
- Pan-Fried Onion Dip – Forget the packet of dried onion soup mixed with sour cream. This onion soup dip starts with pan-fried (caramelized) onions and adds them to creamy ingredients with a few spices to create a dip for vegetables, crackers and chips. There is also a video if you’d like to watch Ina Garten easily throw it all together in the food processor.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.