5 recipes for fresh dill
- Tomato, Spinach and Dill Quiche with a Shredded Potato Crust – This recipe caught my attention because it uses several items from the garden, and the crust is made from potato, not wheat. Since my husband has been avoiding gluten recently, this is perfect.
- Lemon-Dill Green Beans – A quick and easy way to use up both the dill and the green beans in the garden. Green beans, red onion, red pepper and dill get covered in a lemony dressing. Best if it sits overnight, but is ready to eat 20 minutes after tossing with dressing.
- Dilled Bean Salad – This salad made with three different types of canned beans calls for two tablespoons of dried dill, but you can substitute 4 or 5 tablespoons of fresh chopped dill. Colorful and healthy, this salad also includes garlic, celery and onion.
- Greek Style Omelet with Feta Cheese and Dill – A quick simple breakfast, lunch or dinner, this egg dish uses fresh dill to give it extra flavor.
- Shaved Carrot Salad with Horseradish and Blueberries – This flavor combination is so unusual, and I’m intrigued. Horseradish, dill, garlic, cider vinegar and olive oil create a dressing for the carrots and blueberries.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.