5 recipes for garlic
I recently raked off the pile of leaves that had been protecting my garlic patch all winter and with every pull of the rake came the scent of garlic rising from the dirt. It was heavenly. This is my first attempt at growing garlic, and it seems to be going very well. I won’t know how well it's really going for about another two months, when the garlic is ready to be pulled.
- Two Leeks + Two Garlic Soup – Leeks and roasted garlic together? Oh, yum! This soup calls for potatoes and cream, so it’s going to be hearty and thick. Topped with some optional pancetta, it looks like an amazing dish.
- Crab Garlic Noodles – Garlic is cooked in butter and then a little brown sugar and soy sauce are added to create a sauce for noodles topped with crab. The brown sugar and soy sauce are what intrigue me about this recipe, adding a little Asian flare to it.
- Grilled Garlic Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar – Truth be told, I'm not that crazy about asparagus but my husband loves it. I’m always looking for a way to prepare it that may appeal to me. Cooking it with garlic might just do the trick.
- Grilled Eggplant with Roast Garlic Dressing – A dressing is made with an entire head of roasted garlic, and it’s drizzled onto eggplant and red onions that have been diced and tossed in olive oil and balsamic vinegar and grilled.
- Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam – Caramelized onions get dressed up with roasted garlic and a few other ingredients to make a jam that’s great on paninis, grilled cheese, pizza, or anywhere else you’d use caramelized onions.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.