5 recipes for mulberries
- Mulberry Polenta Muffins - Berries are always a great muffin addition, and these are a cornmeal-like that look like a great morning treat.
- Mulberry and Pear Smoothie – Sweetened with a little brown sugar (or not – mulberries are pretty sweet), this smoothie uses fresh fruit and either milk or pear juice to create a healthy shake.
- Mulberry Sorbet – You need an ice cream maker for this recipe, but this recipe spiked with a little liqueur makes a beautiful looking sorbet.
- Stuffed Mulberry Leaves – The leaves are edible, too. I didn’t know that until I saw this recipe. I recently had stuffed grape leaves for the first time and really enjoyed them, so I’m finding this idea for mulberry leaves stuffed with flavored rice and boiled to be intriguing.
- Mulberry Soaked Oat Porridge – Oats, fresh mulberries, and cashews create a porridge sweetened with a little honey and spiced with a bit of cinnamon.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.