5 recipes for pumpkin
- Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce – Rich, creamy and screaming “this dish is for fall,” pumpkin puree (canned or fresh) is added to a traditional alfredo sauce for a twist on a this classic that makes for a quick weeknight meal.
- Pumpkin Chai Smoothie – Pumpkin, bananas, chia seeds, and dates go into this sugar-free smoothie.
- Pumpkin Hummus – Pumpkin, chickpeas, yogurt and parmesan cheese are the basis for this autumn-flavored hummus. Sounds like a great football-watching snack, doesn’t it?
- Pumpkin Quesadilla – One of my favorite local restaurants serves a pumpkin and goat cheese quesadilla that I love. This one uses cheddar cheese, but you can certainly choose whatever cheese you want.
- Pumpkin Fritters with Rosemary and Cheese – Crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside with pumpkin and cheese, these deep fried fritters would make a good side dish or a tasty snack.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.