5 variations on the classic Caprese
- Caprese Salad Kabobs – Turn the salad that usually requires a knife and fork into finger food.
- Savory Caprese Bread – This no yeast bred has all the flavors of Caprese baked right in.
- Baked Caprese Rigatoni – Fresh tomatoes along with a can of crushed tomatoes and some tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, basil and more create a hot version of the summer classic.
- Caprese Quinoa Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms with Balsamic Glaze – The name of this recipe says it all. You can use two large Portobello mushrooms to make this into an entrée or 12 baby Portobellos to make it into an appetizer.
- Caprese Martinis – I’m a martini purist, so I don’t see these martinis in my future, but I thought they were worth a mention. Vodka is infused with tomatoes and then used to make a martini that has skewered grape tomatoes and mozzarella balls as a garnish.
The opinions expressed by MNN Bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of MNN.com. While we have reviewed their content to make sure it complies with our Terms and Conditions, MNN is not responsible for the accuracy of any of their information.